What is Mighty Swell?
Mighty Swell is an alcoholic hard seltzer created by Daniel Barnes from Treaty Oak Brewing and Distilling Company, Clayton Christopher of Deep Eddy Vodka, and Sean Cusak. The trio formed the brand of drinks in 2016 out of Austin, Texas, to create a laid-back, delicious drink made with natural ingredients instead of artificial ones to join the 104.9 billion dollar industry. The beverages are made without any artificial flavors, added sugars, artificial sweeteners, or high-fructose corn syrup. The drinks are available in eight different flavors, tasting like a cocktail in a can.
Mighty Swell uses an orange-peel Florida Wine as the drink base and then adds the necessary natural flavors to create each different refreshing alcoholic beverage. The results? A light spritzer that is made from cold-brewed sugar and contains 5% alcohol by volume. The drinks only have 110 calories per can and are loved by many due to the neutral flavor, low cost, gluten-free and low-calorie nature of the spritzer.
Mighty Swell drinks are sold in six-packs or variety 12-packs. The cans are skinny, only containing 12-ounces in each serving, which is the perfect size to bring to the park, beach or pool (where allowed). The beverages taste light, refreshing and create a healthier alternative to other alcoholic seltzers on the market. Seltzer Nation’s comprehensive Mighty Swell ratings will help you select the best option for your next gathering.
What is Mighty Swell Seltzer?
The Mighty Swell Seltzer is the name for the Mighty Swell brand of Austin-based alcoholic spiked seltzers. Initially created in 2016, the hard seltzers are known for their organic ingredients and refreshing taste. The Mighty Swell brand is unique because it uses natural white grape juice, which is not the ingredient in any other hard seltzer and creates a low-sugar, low-calorie fruity beverage.
The Mighty Swell seltzer drinks are OU Kosher, vegan-friendly, and gluten-free. Mighty Swell prides itself on not using any sodium benzoate, high-fructose corn syrup, added sugars, or artificial flavors. The drinks are available in 8 different flavors, including Cherry Lime, Blackberry, Watermelon Mint, Peach, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Blood Orange, and Mango Raspberry. Each drink contains 4 grams of sugar, 110 calories, and a 5% ABV.
What is Swell Seltzer?
The Swell Seltzer is a term referring to the Mighty Swell Seltzer beverage. The Might Swell Seltzer beverages are spiked seltzers that can be enjoyed year-round with their tropical fruit tastes. Mighty Swell is not yet available nationally but is constantly improving its formula, packaging, and product lineup to increase its availability and growth to deliver high-quality goods to its customers.
Where can I find Mighty Swell near me?
Mighty Swell is currently available in 19 states but is not distributed nationwide just yet. If you live in Wisconsin, Texas, Tennessee, South Carolina, Rhode Island, Ohio, New Jersey, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Louisiana, Kansas, Indianapolis, Georgia, Florida, Connecticut, Colorado, Arkansas, or Alabama, you can find the spritzers available in your local stores. The cans are distributed in either single-serve 16-ounce cans, 6-packs, or variety 12 packs.
The drinks can be purchased in retail stores such as The Fresh Market, Winn Dixie, Kroger, and Publix. If you’re near a convenience store like Murphy USA, Circle K, or Buc-ee’s, you can also find the drinks available there. The brand is hoping to make its way into every state by 2022. You can check their location finder to find a Mighty Swell beverage near you. If you’re not located in a state that carries the delicious hard seltzer, you can order it online through Total Wine or a alcohol home delivery service such as Drizly.
What is Mighty Swell Watermelon Mint?
Mighty Swell Watermelon Mint is one of the flavors created by Mighty Swell’s line of alcoholic spiked seltzers. It combines the flavors of fresh mint and watermelon into one delicious beverage. Mighty Swell Watermelon Mint is best enjoyed cold. It can even be used to create a Watermelon Mint Frose, which is a recipe created by the Mighty Swell team.
What comes in a Mighty Swell variety pack?
The Mighty Swell variety pack is a 12-pack of 12oz Mighty Swell Spiked Seltzers. The variety pack is available in four different refreshing flavors, including Peach, Blackberry, Watermelon Mint, and Cherry Lime. If you’re interested in the other flavors offered by Mighty Swell, you’ll need to either purchase them in individual cans or purchase a six-pack of the specific flavor you’re looking for.
What is Mighty Swell Peach?
Mighty Swell Peach is a flavored alcoholic seltzer created by Mighty Swell. The drink contains a fresh peach flavor that is similar to the taste of peace juice. It’s the perfect mix of carbonation and light peach taste with a hint of honey. Make sure to let your beverage cool before drinking to enjoy it at its peak. Mighty Swell suggests using the drink as a base for a Mighty Bourbon Smash drink. If you want to learn even more about the Mighty Swell Peach Spiked Seltzer, check out our full review for that flavor.
What is Swell hard seltzer?
Swell hard seltzer is a term used to describe the brand of Mighty Swell hard seltzer. The brand sells alcoholic seltzer available in eight different flavors. The Mighty Swell beverage line is the perfect solution when you don’t want an overwhelming flavor or sweetness of a hard cider but need something with more flavor than a beer.
A Mighty Swell hard seltzer features 5% alcohol content, consisting of cold-brewed sugar. To create each alcoholic beverage, a base of cane sugar is used. They choose this method of brewing because of its countless benefits it provides consumers, including:
- Less Expensive: It costs less money to produce a cold-sugar base. This allows Mighty Swell to offer high-quality products at a lower price point.
- Fewer Calories: Since the fruit sugar and corn sugar are fermented by the yeast, the only actual calories in each drink come from the alcohol. This creates a low-calorie beverage, perfect for those on a diet.
- Gluten-Free: The only type of grain used to produce Mighty Swell beverages is corn, which is entirely gluten-free. Since it’s naturally gluten-free, anyone with a special diet will be able to consume these beverages.
- No Aftertaste: The neutral base created by cold-brewed sugar makes it easy to add natural flavors without leaving a nasty aftertaste.
What is a Mighty Swell spiked spritzer?
A Mighty Swell spiked spritzer refers to the Mighty Swell spiked spritzer line — better know as Mighty Swell Spiked Seltzer — which creates alcoholic beverages full of natural ingredients. The line has eight different flavors to choose from, with only 110 calories per drink. A Mighty Swell spiked spritzer is gluten-free and free from harmful ingredients such as artificial flavors and high-fructose corn syrup.
What are the Mighty Swell flavors?
There are eight different flavors of Mighty Swell beverages available, including Mango Raspberry, Blood Orange, Pineapple, Grapefruit, Peach, Watermelon Mint, Blackberry, and Cherry Lime. Curious what the flavors taste like? We’ve quickly described each flavor to help you choose your new favorite drink, but we also have thorough Mighty Swell reviews above.
- Mango Raspberry: While Mango is usually sweet, the Mango Raspberry drink balances out the flavors of raspberries and mangoes to create a refreshing, fruity drink with a subtle taste.
- Blood Orange: The blood orange features a bright red color. You’ll taste the tangy blood orange with a hint of cranberries in each sip. The refreshing, delicate taste is not overbearing, creating a delicious light beverage.
- Pineapple: If you’re looking for a genuine island-flavored drink, the Pineapple Mighty Swell drink is your perfect solution. Its taste resembles the sweetness of pineapple juice, without any additional sweetener. It’s light, yellow-colored, and refreshing on a hot day.
- Grapefruit: Although grapefruit is usually naturally bitter, there’s a lot of sweetness in the Grapefruit Mighty Swell drink to balance out the flavor. The mixture of flavorings creates a smooth, easy-to-drink sparkling beverage.
- Peach: The Peach is orange in color and naturally bubblier than the other Mighty Swell flavors. There is a hint of honey and fresh, crisp peach flavor combined to make this drink.
- Watermelon Mint: The taste of the watermelon mint is refreshing and powerful, very similar to a watermelon mojito but with a little more sweetener. The color of the Mighty Swell watermelon mint drink is pale pink and is the perfect accompaniment on an outdoor adventure.
- Blackberry: The tart Blackberry taste combined with the added cane sugar creates the perfect tasting alcoholic seltzer. The subtle flavoring makes an authentic and unique drink with an excellent finish.
- Cherry Lime: The Mighty Swell Cherry lime is like a cherry soda with a hint of lime. The cherry lime seltzer is pale pink with a subtle flavor that’s not too overwhelming.